Make smart choices for a healthier, happier you.
Part of our mission is to care for the community. To us, that means offering nutritious options, educational activities, nutrition services and fitness opportunities so that the healthy choice is an easy choice.
Check Out All The Ways Health Smart Works For You!
- Natural and Organics: Browse the aisles in our stores for an array of Natural and Organic products.
- Pay-Less Dietitian Approved: Look out for Dietitian Approved products in our Dinanche Deals.
- Smart Snacks: In partnership with University of Guam, snacks that meet federal standards for calories, fat, sodium, and sugar are identified in our 8 store locations. Look for the UOG Smart Snacks shelf-talker to choose healthier snacks for your family.
Health Smart Cooking Demos – Free Community Class. Learn nutritional benefits and cooking tips during hands-on demonstrations led by our Supermarket Dietitian. Engage in the conversation while learning fun, practical ways to incorporate healthier eating in your everyday life.
Pay-Less Nutrition Services
Health Smart and SuperDrug are partnering together to provide quality nutrition and medication management therapy to our local community. The Pay-Less Nutrition Services program can help you achieve controlled blood sugar, weight loss, savings on healthcare or other improved health outcomes. Our Pay-Less registered dietitian-nutritionist and SuperDrug pharmacists are ready to help you on your journey to a healthier happier you!
Click here for more information
Click here to download the Nutrition services referral form
- Kick the Fat 5K/10K: Kick the fat at our annual 5K/10K Run/Walk, one of the island’s largest local fitness events. This family-friendly event makes fitness fun, exciting, and worthwhile through community giving, entertainment, race swag, and an array of wellness exhibits.
- Fitness Partnerships: Pay-Less Health Smart partners with local gyms to help you get started on your fitness journey!
About our Dietitian, Rosae Calvo
Registered Dietitians (RDs), also known as Registered Dietitian-Nutritionists (RDNs), receive extensive training that combines academic preparation with hands-on practical patient experience. RDs must complete a minimum of a bachelor's degree, participate in an accredited practice program involving direct patient interaction, and pass a national registration exam. In Guam, qualified RDs are among the nutrition professionals licensed to provide medical nutrition therapy.
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science & Human Nutrition, University of Hawaii at Manoa
Sodexo Dietetic Internship:
- The Queen's Medical Center, Honolulu, HI
- Sodexo Services Guam, Hagatna, GU
- Guam Memorial Hospital Authority, Tamuning, GU
- Passed Registration Examination for Dietitians in 2015
- Licensed Clinical Dietitian by the Guam Board of Allied Health Examiners since 2016
- Member of the Guam National Olympic Committee’s Medical and Anti-Doping Commission
- Member of the Non-Communicable Disease Consortium
- Member of the Guam Food Safety Task Force