Håfa Adai Pay-Less customers!
During this evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we want to keep you up-to-date on all the precautionary measures we are taking to protect the health and safety of our customers and employees.
At Pay-Less, we strive to provide the greatest customer value every day and to care for our community.
Please continue to exercise safety during this time.
Si Yu'os Ma'åse!
PEOPLE: (Person to Person Contact)
Health and Hygiene:
- We promote good hygiene at home and work to include proper handwashing techniques and avoid touching eyes, mouth, nose, and open wounds with hands.
- We are temporarily suspending all Chagi food demonstrations and samplings.
- We will not allow customers to come inside our store premise if they are experiencing flu like symptoms.
- Before entering, customers are required to have their temperature screened. If a customer’s temperature is above 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit, we will kindly refrain them from entering our stores.
- Pay-Less will enforce social distancing measures by requiring that customers and employees stay 6 feet apart during their shopping visit.
- Customers and employees must stay 6 feet apart during their shopping visit which include the checkout line.
- We will install temporary plexiglass partitions to protect our cashiers and customers.
- Signs will be placed throughout the store, as well as markers to guide customers how far apart to stand when in line for the cashier.
- Pay-Less will not allow entry to customers who are experiencing respiratory illness, including fever or cough.
- Pay-Less will require ALL customers to wear a face mask or protective face covering (i.e. bandanas, scarves) while shopping. This precautionary measure is to help slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- Due to Government mandate, we will temporarily suspend large gatherings and events at our store locations. This includes cancellation of all eduKitchen classes, store fiestas and our Shop, Scratch and Win events.
- We highly recommend that families send one member to do the shopping for them. If a parent must bring their child(ren), we are requesting the parent to carefully monitor and stay with their child at all times while shopping in our stores.
- In order to further support social distancing, Pay-Less will control the number of customers who enter the store at any given time. (See customer limits)
Employee Health and Contact Tracing
- If we are informed of a COVID-19 positive case within our stores, we have strong contact tracing protocols in place and will test employees based on the guidelines outlined in DPHSS Guidance Memo 2020-02.
- All employees and vendors are required to wear a face mask and must have temperature checks prior to entering the store
Care for the Most Vulnerable
To our Seniors 60 years and above, we have a dedicated shopping time from 5am-6am just for you.
This temporary measure will give our senior citizens the opportunity to shop in a less crowded environment in order to assist those who are most vulnerable.
- All store locations: 5am-6am
Environment: Infected Surfaces to Person
Cleaning and Disinfection
- We have implemented enhanced cleanliness and disinfection protocols across our stores and offices.
- Our front end staff disinfects all shopping carts and baskets.
- Cashiers thoroughly clean and disinfect the conveyor belt after each transaction.
- We have assigned full-time janitors to clean and disinfect high touch areas throughout the day.
- At this time, all Pay-Less locations will close early at 10pm in order for our graveyard team to conduct a deep cleaning throughout the store.
- We have increased the location and number of hand sanitizer stations available for use by shoppers and employees, including for shopping carts and checkout.
- Reusable bags are allowed in our stores, but we are highly encouraging our customers to clean the bags between uses.
- We are temporarily closing our self-serve bulk foods section at Pay-Less ONE and Maite Pay-Less.
Products Supply and Demand
Product Stock and Limits
- Due to unusually high demand and supply shortages, quantity limits apply on certain products. (See list of limited items)
"Our ultimate concern is the safety of our customers and our employees. We thank all our customers for their patience and understanding, and we especially thank our employees for all their hard work and dedication," says Mike Benito, Executive Vice President of Pay-Less Markets.
"As in past natural disasters, Pay-Less Markets, will continue to step up to the front line to serve our island community. New measures and policies are in place to ensure the health and safety of both our customers and employees. We are working with our suppliers to receive inventory as quickly as they are made available. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, as a result of the Coronavirus crisis. We are grateful to both our hard working employees and customers for your trust and loyalty. Thank you for your understanding as we will get through this together," says Kathy R. Calvo, President of Pay-Less Markets.