A great substitute for white rice, this recipe is made with quinoa which is higher in protein and fiber.
- 1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- ½ Tbsp Garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp Coriander
- ½ Tbsp Dried oregano leaves
- ½ Tbsp Turbinado sugar
- ¼ Tbsp salt
- 2 cups Quinoa, cooked and chilled
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts, shredded
- ¾ cup Red onion, small diced
- ½ cup Carrot, small diced
- 1 tbsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Green onion, finely sliced
- As needed olive oil
- As needed Sea salt and black pepper
Combine paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, and oregano to make a spice rub.
Heat a nonstick pan on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
Add some olive oil to pan and cook brussel sprouts until slightly charred. Remove to a serving bowl.
Add carrots, onions, and garlic, and cook until soft. Add to charred brussel sprouts. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
Add some olive oil. In 2 batches, add quinoa, reduce heat to medium and let brown on one side. Once browned, season with 1 ½ tbsp spice mix, lemon juice and salt. Add green onions and parsley. Transfer to the bowl with vegetables and repeat until all the quinoa is cooked. Mix well to combine. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper if needed.